LoL Guide Zed, Mid, S10
Zed is a physical damage assassin, you will have to focus your build on AD, lethality and CDR.
Go for Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads depending on your match-up and enemy composition.
Youmuu’s Ghostblade is your first lethal item. It will give you a higher speed of movement through its asset, enough to roam the map or better move you during a fight.
Duskblade of Draktharr is your second lethal item. It will allow you to burst your enemies with your self-attacks. If your target has little life, your Passive — Contempt for the Weak and the Duskblade of Draktharr’s Passive will inflict colossal damage to your enemies.
Black Cleaver will allow you to slice through enemy tanks and earn a little VP at the same time. The Phage’s Passive will allow you to chase your targets while attacking them to their death. In addition, you will now be captured in CDR.
- Edge of Night is a lethal item that allows you to rush to an enemy whose control can penalize you without warning.
- Guardian Angel will give you a second wind if an enemy manages to put you in the ground in battle. Don’t forget to use the Stopwatch beforehand.
- Against large magical damage, Maw of Malmortius can allow you to take it without flinching. In addition, you’ll have regeneration until the end of the battle when the magic shield is triggered.
- Against sturdy targets, buy Lord Dominik’s Regards to melt their HPs.
- Executioner’s Calling will be very interesting against targets that regenerate. Finish your Mortal Reminder at the end of the game.
Zed to receive a nerf on patch 10.22 but it’s small
- E — Shadow Slash, damage 70-170 >> 70-150
The Master of Shadows is one of the main focuses for the last patch of the season. Zed has been one of the most dominant mid laners in solo queue recently and Riot is looking to change that. Luckily for Zed mains, it doesn’t look like the nerf will be enough to make a difference.
The damage of his Shadow Slash will be nerfed at the highest level, but probably won’t do much. Zed will still have lots of damage through his Razor Shuriken (Q) combined with his Death Mark (R).